Thursday 11 February 2016

Ben Tre to Ha Tien


Ben Tre is a nice quiet place and would be good even for a few days stay. Still, I decided to go to Phu Quoc, this however meant a long drive and a 3h ferry ride to get on the island.




Heading on the road just after Tet wasn't such a good idea and the traffic was pretty bad for most of the journey.
Some traffic jams and slow moving traffic meant I didn't make up the necessary time to even consider getting to Phu Quoc today.




Still, it was a nice drive overall and taking a ferry across the Mekong was also fun.




By the time it got dark, I was still not in Ha Tien but this didn't stop me from taking some photos along the way.



Finally getting to Ha Tien was great until I discovered all hotels and guest houses were full so this meant driving partly back where I came from to find a place for the night.

After the long drive over bad and bumpy roads, my back was complaining and I just wanted to find a place to get some sleep. I did manage to get to a place not too far out of Ha Tien for the night after some searching.


No comments:

Post a Comment