Thursday 14 August 2014

Day 355 - 106 Miles to Chicago


Ok, the title of the post is a quote from Blues Brothers and I am sure it was a bit more than 106 miles to Chicago when I woke up in the train this morning.







The landscape changed after leaving Denver and it's all more flat now without the spectacular mountain views I had between Emeryville and Denver.




The train was as expected still way behind schedule and only managed to lose more time as the day progressed.




This would not have been a big deal but I was looking to meet my friend and fellow photographer John in Chicago o getting delayed would mean having less time for a drink and a chat.




Still, since there wasn't anything I could do about the train running over 3h late I used the time to sort photos, take more photos out the window, chill in the lounge car and use the cigarette breaks to defrost after the icy air-conditioning inside the train.




We were supposed to arrive in Chicago at around 15:30 but instead made it there just before the dusk at 20:15.




Chicago is the final stop of the California Zephyr No. 6 train so from now on I will continue my journey in a different train. The next part is taking the The City Of New Orleans train to Memphis tomorrow evening.

But until then I had a nice evening and chat with John in Chicago and it showed me again that it's great how you get to meet people from all around the world who have similar interests all through a blog. So here is a thanks to John for the nice time in Chicago!



No comments:

Post a Comment