Wednesday 2 July 2014

Day 312 - A Day in Jakarta


When I woke up in the morning I was not sure how long I'll be in Jakarta so just to be sure, I checked out of my hotel and went out for a walk.







Despite reading how bad the traffic and everything else is, I found the city and people to be quite nice as per my first impression yesterday evening so could not quite understand why people didn't like it.




I went to visit one of the old banks, which have been turned into museums, then along the market and Chinatown on my way to take the bus down to the National Monument or Monas.




I do enjoy markets and here especially I enjoyed the market with lots of people around and lots of different things to buy or in my case just take photos of.





While it was not as clean or quiet as Jogja and some other places and the traffic did look quite bad in places, it was nothing unusual to me after spending all that time in Asia.




Just before I arrived at the Monas, it started raining but lucky it didn't last very long. Still, it was here that I decided to book my flight to Manila for later in the evening.



Although I did like Jakarta and had a great time in Indonesia, I felt it was time to leave and head on with my travels. Indonesia really surprised me as I didn't quite know what to expect but I found very friendly people everywhere and a great country to visit.

I will miss it and will be back here since it turned out to be one of the best places I visited so far, I will exclude Bali from the list since I don't see it as Indonesia proper nor did I really think that much of it.

My flight is leaving late in the evening and I'll have to spend the night in Singapore airport waiting for my connecting flight but I guess it's the price to pay for a cheap flight booked only a few hours before departing.




No comments:

Post a Comment