Monday 28 October 2013

Day 83 - First Day in Bangkok


The morning was spent walking around and exploring the area near the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located for all the main sights.





I am not sure what I expected but after seeing movies, I kind of expected Bangkok to be more like Hanoi with tuk-tuks and bikes everywhere and people rushing about.





Instead it was all pretty quiet with mostly cars around, a lot less tuk-tuks an bikes than expected and orderly driving.
People were also nice and just went on with their business, although in the more touristy places you get approached by different people wanting to sell you suits or a tuk-tuk ride.





The area around the grand palace is quite nice and has most of the main sights in Bangkok near each other so you can get to see quite a bit in one day. We decided to just get a feel for the place and not rush to see everything in one go.


In the afternoon we took the boat services to the shopping mall district to look for my Surface charger and after a bit of a search I finally found a shop that not only carries the Surface but also sells all the accessories. This means now I have a charger and a functioning Surface again.

As for Bangkok, even the different area is not quite what I expected and it feels a lot like Taipei.


No comments:

Post a Comment