Friday 18 October 2013

Day 73 - Hoi An to Hue Then Hue to Saigon


Initially, I planned to stay longer in Hoi An but due to the longer time I spent in Hue, I had to get back on the bike and head back to Hue so I could catch the evening train to Ho Chi Minh City.




On the way back, I stopped at Marble Mountain for a visit and to take pictures. The first time I drove past it, I thought it was relatively small and not worth the visit. I realized how wrong I was when I entered one of the caves with hidden temples and statues inside.




Marble Mountain is definitely worth a visit for the caves alone, you feel like Indiana Jones exploring some lost and hidden temples like this. Especially if it's raining as was the case today.
You also get great views of the surrounding landscape from the top of the mountain itself.




Since I had to get my train at 19:20 in the evening, the drive back to Hue was a bit faster then on the way to Hoi An. This did not stop me from not taking the right turn and ending up a bit off the planned route at first bjt it meant I could check out another sight near Danang.



Crossing over the Hai Van pass was again a fantastic experience, both the drive and also the views without fog this time round.



After the Hai Van pass, it was time for a quick lunch by the lake before continuing on to Hue where the train to Saigon ended up being 2 hours late. This means I will arrive tomorrow late afternoon in Ho Chi Minh so will have a bit less time there for photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment