Thursday 29 August 2013

Day 23 - Beijing Parks


After the last two rather grey days, the sun was out again with slightly lower, more tolerable temperatures and a rare (for Beijing anyway) clear blue sky, not washed out, greyish blue but proper deep blue.



This was the perfect occasion to finally head to the Forbidden City, Jingshan and Beihai Parks.





It was a very nice days and the crowds were not too bad but I found that while walking through the Forbidden City, I did not have much to add to my previous pictures from 2006.
It is great to revisit certain locations as you can just wander and enjoy them without feeling like you need to document this but it's also strange to hardly take any pictures of a quite cool place.






But rather than taking the same pictures, just with a different camera (was one of my first GRD I trips in 2006), I decided to just taken pictures of things I did not get last time or where I had anything new or different to add.







This continued on through Jingshan Park, where you have the best views of Beijing and I plan to go early in the morning for hopefully a nice sunrise, and then to the Winter Palace or Beihai Park with the nice white Dagoba, where I waited to capture the sunset baking the lake and Dagoba in warm orange light.




Tomorrow, I have a visit to the Great Wall planned and then I am mostly done in Beijing and will move on Saturday evening to Xian, after going to the Temple of Heaven.


No people in today's picture selection after having too many people pictures yesterday.


2 comments:

  1. Great impressions of territory unknown to me, but no people in sight makes it a bit sterile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!

    I agree with you and usually I would have included people but for this series I decided to just focus on the sights, contrary to what I usually do. You can see the people pictures on my Flickr set.

    ReplyDelete