Saturday 31 December 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Have a great 2012 and always good light for photography!

Thanks for visiting my bog.

Since it's the end of the year it is also time to reflect back on some of my favourite pictures. I don't know if it's me getting more critical of my work or if it's just less inspiration but I am not as happy with this years pictures as I was with last year's pictures when looking back.

The pictures are in no particular order other than in the order I found them to add to this post. My comments are under each picture.

I like the colours in this but really liked the peaceful scene of them being together. 

 I don't know exactly why I like this picture so much over some of the others I took in Cambodia or even just the boat trip but it keeps drawing me in whenever I look through.

This I like mostly for the way the Canon lens captured it with fairly low contrast and almost washed out look. 

I do not take a lot of concert pictures but this one I quite like, I did some processing to it but not that much. 

I am not a fan of posed pictures or photo shoots with models but when a friend asked me to take some pictures of his wife for her album, I could not say no and am actually very happy with the results.

I took quite a lot of landscape pictures this year, in Scotland, in Colorado, Vietnam and Cambodia for example but this one from Holyhead I like best. The boat at the bottom provides a great scale to the big sea. 

The Nokton lens on the GF1 is still one of my favourite lenses and this picture would most likely be my pic of the year. It basically shows what I like about the UK.

I love journalistic and documentary photography, unfortunately I did not get round to do much of it this year but here I was in the right place at the right time.

This picture I like because of the  lines in the sand and because the guy looks out of place carrying his table on the beach.

This I like because of the colours and the shadows of the trees that almost hide the guy running across.

No comments:

Post a Comment