Tuesday 21 July 2009

Don't Do This!

GRD, f2.4, 1/750, ISO 400, JPG b&w

I just like the noise of the GRD I pictures when shooting in b&w, this is something I have not seen from any other camera and one of the main reasons why I still use my GRD I. Unfortunately I doubt there will be any other camera which can give a similar quality to the b&w images.
The images from the GRD I at ISO 400 look great if exposed correctly, even at 200% magnification they still remain nice and crisp without any smudging or artifacts visible.

2 comments:

  1. hi,

    very sharp indeed even lens wide opened. what's about the camera-shake-correction, turn-off ? and how is the img setting, hard, soft or normal ?

    Tks,
    Roscoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. The GRD does not have any IS system, it is just the fast wideangle lens and the great built which makes handholding very stable.
    I have just set the b&w parameters to Contrast +2 and sharpness +1 in camera. This is how I use the GRD I most of the time.
    Then I shot at ISO 400 and slightly overexposed the shot but pulled some of it back in Photoshop to give it this look.

    ReplyDelete