Sunday 17 May 2009

Sunday Afternoon Game

CX1, f4.5, 1/620, ISO 80, JPG, 74mm

Sometimes photography is 'only' about being in the right place at the right time and having a camera ready. This picture is one such an example. I am glad I had the CX1 with me and that it was ready to take the picture fast, only a split second later and the light was gone.
The CX1 captured the light and colors prefectly. This is taken in the normal mode and not using the DR mode, still the dynamic range is pretty good.
Still, looking at this picture I no doubt wish that the CX1 would offer a RAW mode or less processed JPGs, too much noise reduction is being appilied and Ricoh really needs to sort this out.

2 comments:

  1. The dynamic range is certainly impressive Cristi. But my impression of the GX200 RAW files is that there is some sort of noise reduction too. Even at ISO 64 and 100 it looks a bit smeared. The GX100 produced better RAW files in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dynamic range is pretty good even if you're not using the DR mode and watch the exposure.
    I am not sure if there is really an NR going on in the GX200 RAW files, they look very similar to the GRD II but are different from both the GX100 and GRD I. Not sure exactly what is going on.

    ReplyDelete