Tuesday 21 April 2009

Red Shoes

GRD, f5, 1/400, ISO 200, JPG

Took this while walking around Southbank today. I found it strange that someone just seemed to have left the shoes on the bench like that. What drew me was more that the shoes were red and had a nice contrast to the grey around them.
I did add more contrast and vignetting to the image to get it more to how I saw the picture in my mind. This also brings me to a very interesting post and discussion on Wouter's blog, how much post processing should one do? I have posted a similar question before but find it still an interesting question.

3 comments:

  1. I recognised the seats from outside Festival Hall, but not the grid on the floor - unless its the water sculpture making its annual summer appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Would have been a good photo even without the shoes, but excellent with them. Great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! I have boosted the blacks and contrast in Photoshop to get this look.

    Yesbuts, this was one of the benches right in front of the BFI entrance.

    ReplyDelete