Sunday 8 February 2009

Stairway to Heaven

LC1, f2.2, 1/40, ISO 100, RAW, 28mm

The weather was very nice today so I went out to get my biggest shoot-out done. I packed all my digital cameras and went to shoot more comparison pictures for the GX200 review. This should have been done a while ago but the weather and other things meant I cold not get it done as I would have liked. It is coming along nicely though and will be done very soon. All I am missing now is a high ISO comparison between all Ricoh cameras but this will be done tomorrow.
This picture is not part of the comparison and I took it to post it on my blog. I stood right in front of a 'No Photography' sign but this was referring to the inside of the house and not the stairway so I took the picture. Not that I am well known for following 'no photography' signs anyway ;).

8 comments:

  1. This is without doubt the best shot of yours that I have seen.

    Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Yesbuts!

    I really like how it came out and the higher dynamic range of the LC1 really paid off here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I argee with yesbuts, this is your best so far this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I like the picture very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..needless to say that really impressive with this picture that look like a big white shell. Very nice, Cristi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments! Looks like this picture stands out from the rest. Glad you all like it.

    Bhuminan, it's funny you mention this sinc I tried rotating this picture in all directions and it looked and felt different each time. I also see something different in it that I need to explore better next time I am there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good composition and the color is soothing....my eyes keep going back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks James, think the added vignetting helps a bit to balance the colors and contrast.

    ReplyDelete