Friday 13 February 2009

Friday

GRD, f2.4, 1/13, ISO 400, JPG

This is the first picture I took today and my favorite from today. It was early morning at London Bridge and at first I did not even notice this scene but when I did, I took a few pictures with the GRD. The funny thing sometimes is that the first picture is always the best and the later pictures don't work as well or have other problems. But since the first picture was good enough it is here now for you to see.
By the way, I did not notice the socks until later when I was about to get off the train.

4 comments:

  1. Right. First photos also work better than the others of the same scene in my case too. The first ones are usually from the magic moments that the subject and the photographer clicks. Just like love. Clicking is important.

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photograph and would have loved to see it in B&W. And the socks makes this scene less ordinary. Marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot.

    Obviously a Gentleman - taking off his shoes.

    One of my pet hates - people who put their feet on bus and train seats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments!
    Mike, you are right. There is something about the first picture you take, even if it's slightly blurry or the horizon is not straight. Maybe it's also a bit of these imperfections that make the picture special together with the magic moment.

    Here is the b&w picture I took afterwards Wouter: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cristiansorega/3281148795/
    It looks ok but I find the color of the socks and the word Friday on them stand out better in color.

    Yesbuts, you are right, I hate it when people have their feet on the chairs but he did take his shoes off so this is not too bad.

    ReplyDelete