Monday 9 February 2009

Bus Stop 'C'

GRD, f2.4, 1/60, ISO 1600, JPG

After work I went to the British Museum to take some high ISO comparison pictures and with this the last batch for my upcoming GX200 review. I used all Ricoh cameras to take pictures at ISO 100, 400 and 1600. So far I did not manage to compare all yet but it should be very interesting.
This is a ISO 1600 picture I took while waiting for the bus. I saw a few Wong Kar Wai movies and liked the way he uses shots through windows with the reflections. This is my try at something similar, kind of inspired by WKW and Christopher Doyle.

7 comments:

  1. I always like your pictures, especially those which are taken in a very common place and in a moment which is not unusual. They reach somewhere special in my mind.
    Recently I bought a GX100. May be your influence? Although I really love the images your GRD produces, I thought having a zoom lens would be nice to carry the camera on my trip. Recently I am away from home more than half of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again I'm impressed by the low noise level at ISO 1600.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment Ryki, glad you like my pictures. I try to take pictures in places most people would not think of doing so.
    The GX100 is a great camera and I think the zoom lens is very nice to have and more convenient. Enjoy your new GX100!

    Yesbuts, I did remove some color noise using noise ninja but also sharpened the luminance noise a bit so it does stand out more than it should. The GRD I is fantastic however at ISO 1600 and I can use the pictures without problems, something I can't do with the other cameras I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cristi
    Just seen your comment with the dropbox link - thanks.
    Just off to read more about Dropbox - one question being security.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesbuts, hope the pictures were what you wanted to see.

    Dropbox is not bad but the security options are a bit limited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment Lili!

    ReplyDelete