Sunday 23 November 2008

Little Poledancer

R10, f5.2, 1/25, ISO 800, JPG, 200mm

Took this while having coffee at Canary Wharf. The 200mm zoom of the R10 allowed me to take it without having to crop it massively. I did nothice one thing, the lens is too slow at 200mm and it takes me to long to adapt to this massive zoom so I always get lost and have to find where I am to compose my shot. I would say everything over 90mm is a bit of overkill for me and I am also too detached from the scene to take any really good pictures of people. I really need to try some wildlife photography with the R10 and I also have a particular project in mind but need to find the time for it.

3 comments:

  1. In the present climate, I am always apprehensive of taking photographs of children - likely to be verbally abused by some irate mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture and shows that long zooms have advantages in certain situations like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments.

    You are right Yesbuts and I don't usually take pictures of kids. Not just because of the current climate but I don't find them particulary interesting.
    But as Marco mentioned, long zooms do have advantages in certain situations and help avoid irate parents ;).

    ReplyDelete