Friday 31 October 2008

Smoke and Light

GX100, f4.4, 1/10, ISO 800, RAW, 72mm

Today, I tried something new but it did not really work out. I always wanted to try taking pictures of smoke in a ray of light to see the diferent shapes that can appear. This did not work out as expected so I will need to try again. At the same time I think I pushed the file too much to get close to the look I wanted.

I've met recently with Tom and we've collected a few ideas on how to improve the GRD and have done a rendering so check it out here. Let us know what you think and what you would improve.

4 comments:

  1. That must have been a tough challenge to photograph.

    You and Tom have already come up with some good suggestions for a new GRD. Make sure to give these to the kind people of Ricoh at the London meet-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, it is not easy. Keeping the ISO too low requires a slow shutterspeed and this does not work, and a high ISO results in a low of noise. Need to try again with different settings.

    I will certainly give the ideas to Ricoh and see what they come up with and if they do use any of our ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment Triter.

    ReplyDelete