Thursday 30 October 2008

Man In Motion


GX100, f2.9, 1/125, ISO 100, RAW, 24mm

While I did not take many pictures yesterday, I took lots of pictures today. Originally, I planned a series on the Bargehouse and I've been there indeed and took lots of pictures. Now I tok this picture on the way there from the hip and had to crop it a lot.
Now, why did I choose this picture instead of the Bargehouse series that was planned? First, this picture just works great for me and it stands out between the rest of the pictures I took today. It's also a picture that I or anyone else will never take again. Second, I want to take more pictures of the Bargehouse over the weekend and see if it's possible to get in when it's empty so I can take soe more pictures. It is a great and very interesting building that offers great photo opportunities unless you only like to photograph nice things. You can say that I scouted the location today and will return over the weekend to take the pictures I want.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cristian
    I popped into the Bargehouse to see if I would see you but it was so crowded.

    Don't judge the place by what you saw yesterday:
    1. When exhibitions are normally held there they only have one or two pieces in each room - not the jumble they have now.
    2. I was very annoyed when I saw on the bottom two floors they had covered the walls with white panels to hang the exhibits.The grotesque beauty of the place results from the bear brick, flaking paint, exposed rusty reinforcing bars in the concrete pillars. After they finish I hope they take those panels away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps
    I was so annoyed I didn't stay long, but went outside to take photos of the reflections in the rain soaked floor - until I was stopped by a security man. Can you believe it no photography allowed in the area between the OXO Tower and Bargehouse. I'm going to see Coin Street Management this morning to see if and why this is their policy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, shame I did not see you yesterday. We do need to meet up sometime since we hang around the same places most of the time anyway.

    It was definitely nice even with all the things in front of the walls but I would like to go in when it's empty so will need to enquire about this.

    This is crazy, the security people should better find something usefull to do. Wonder what the management will say. Let me know how it went with them.

    ReplyDelete