Friday 10 October 2008

Connecting

GRD, f7.1, 1/380, TIFF text mode

The GRD I is not a camera that will offer you 34 scene modes and even the Auto mode is not auto at all. All you get is a fully manual camera with a whopping 2 scene modes. One is the extremely usefull voice recording mode, which unfortunately has been dropped from the GRD II, and the other is the cool Text mode. I have used the latter before and really like experimenting with it. It works great for all kind of pictures as long as you have enough contrast and the scene is not too busy or it will get confusing.

5 comments:

  1. I preferred it when it wobbled :)
    The bridge that is, not your picture (which as far as I can see is wobble free).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting idea to use the text mode scene for something else than text. I use sometimes the Sports mode on my D40x to photograph my kids but of course this isn't as creative. I think my new GX200 has also a text mode. I need to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, if you want to see a wobbly bridge you need to go to Canary Wharf, the one between Cabott Square and West India Quay wobbles quite a lot.

    Thanks Marco, you should try the text mode. It creates some interesting effects. Your GX200 has it under the scene modes. Just look for a subject with a lot of contrast or use the flash. Works great for people shots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this. I never tried the text mode before, but I will try to find a suitable subject.
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to see your results with the text mode Wouter.

    ReplyDelete