Monday 27 October 2008

Burn

GX100, f4.4, 1/30, ISO 200, RAW, 72mm

This week will be a GX100 week and following from yesterday's picture is another candle picture for today. Almost like a bigger zoom/crop of the picture from yesterday ;).
So far I noticed three things about it, the lens is slower than the GRD, I mostly use the long end of the zoom and the image quality is even in RAW not as good and detailed as the GRD I. But the camera feels very good to handle and is a lot more versatile than the GRDs so you don't have to lug around adapters with you.

4 comments:

  1. I am getting curious about the GRD (1/2) lens. Is it really much sharper? Does it have finer detail contrast? I know that the GX is softer, and that the RAW files need quite some sharpening.

    I need to see it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The GRD lens is very sharp and contrasty so it gives the images a crisp look.
    You should definitely have a look for yourself, would be interested in your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cristi
    Just to let you know that there is an exhibition in the Bargehouse 30th Oct ~ 2nd November 11:00 ~ 06:00.
    Irrespective of the exhibition, its well worth a visit to see the old warehouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip yestbuts! I'll head there tomorrow at around 4pm to take a few pictures.

    ReplyDelete