Monday 8 September 2008

Renaissance Robot

GRD, f2.4, 1/28, TIFF text mode

Sometimes when I watch a movie with an interesting look, I ask myself how they did this and if I can get a picture with a similar look or feel. Not to copy it but to challenge myself and pay a tribute to something that inspired me.
Today it was the other way around, I bought the DVD because the look of the film reminded me of the images the GRDs produce when in text mode. The movie is Renaissance, a European production with interesting visuals but only average story. Still worth watching for the visuals alone. So this is my take on the visuals from the movie.

3 comments:

  1. Creative use of the text mode. Looks like the images from the movie, which I want to watch after looking at your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me thinking again. The G9 hasn't got a text mode, but my F31fd has (damm I left it London) got to try this when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments!
    Glad I got you both interested in different things, the movie and the text mode :).

    ReplyDelete