Monday 1 September 2008

Here's Checking You Out

GRD, f5.6, 1/710, ISO 400, JPG b&w

Took this picture while on my way to a cash machine. I was just about to turn my camera off and put it away when I noticed this scene so I pressed the shutter and managed to capture this moment. It is the perfect or decisive moment for me and I managed to get it through luck and the fact that the GRD I is so responsive. The title is chosen on purpose like this.

On another note. If you read the Ricohforum or DP Review forum, you might have noticed that I posted a suggestion for a Ricoh London meet up on the 13th or 20th September from 1pm on at Camera Cafe near the British Museum. This would allow people to get together have a chat and go out take some pictures on Oxford Street or British museum, depending on the weather. But it would also allow for collecting feedback and suggestions for Ricoh that could be passed along at Photokina on the 26th. If you'd like to join you are welcome, even if you don't have a Ricoh camera but are just interested in them. Please post your replies in the Ricohforum or here as to which date you'd prefer.

4 comments:

  1. I think this photo exemplifies why B&W images work much better than colour - there are no distractions, the viewer is left to look at the subject of the photograph.
    Its as if I share a secret with all viewers, we are aware but the woman isn't that she is being "checked out".
    Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yesbuts, b&w allows you to focus on the subject rather than the colors in the picture. This is why I like it and use it for street photography a lot and portraits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a decisive moment too. Well seen Cristi.
    I would love to be at the meeting too, but it will be a bit to costly for me. Have fun at the meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wouter.

    Shame you can't join us but I understand it's not really close for you. Hope we can arrange a meeting sometime.

    ReplyDelete