Tuesday 5 August 2008

Going Up or Down?


GRD, f4, 1/52, ISO 400, JPG b&w

Sometimes you can see a picture in your mind and have to take it or you won't get rid of it. Today it was this picture that I wanted to take, can't explain why exactly this or why today but there you go. So I went to Canary Wharf after work to take it. It came out as I had in mind and I am quite pleased with it, I just cropped it slightly. The funny thing is that it has been exactly one week since I posted my other Canary Wharf architecture shot.

2 comments:

  1. I do have to say that ( i also come across more pictures form GRD on the net) that I quite like the character of the GRD in the ricoh range...
    Maybe in the end, the DP1 will have that same position when the DP4 is around and you look back?
    I like this picture Cristi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ronald.

    I believe the GRD I and DP1 will remain highly regarded by the people who bought them even after the 3rd or 4th new generation has been released. This is something you can't say about 90% of the other cameras that probably get better ratings in reviews but are forgotten as soon as the new model is announced.
    What I like about the GRD I is that it has a distinctive look to the pictures that you can't get from other cameras.
    That said, I would still like to get a camera with a Foveon sensor since it has it's own look. The DP1 is not yet there for me so I will wait and see what else comes out and how the DP2 stacks up.

    ReplyDelete