Sunday 10 August 2008

The End of the Rainbow

LC1, f5.6, 1/40, ISO 100, RAW, 50mm

Again a mostly gray and rainy day. But the nice thing of a rainy day is when the sun comes out after the rain. The light, air and smell are great and with some luck you can catch a rainbow. Where is the end of the rainbow and what lies at the end of it? What lies at the beginning and where does it start? These are questions you ask yourself when you're young and that you still don't have any answers when you're older.
I used the LC1 today due to the zoom and higher dynamic range it has when compared with the Ricohs.

2 comments:

  1. How many cameras do you take on a shoot?
    If you are just going for a walk, which camera(s) do you take? What influences your choice?

    Weather wise, it doesn't look hopeful :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own the Ricoh GR1, GRD I, GRD II, GX and Panasonic LC1 plus a Yashica Electro 35.
    Since buying the GRD I never left house without a camera and always have one of the GRDs along. This was the main reason I started the blog to "force" me to actually use the camera more.
    I use the GX occasionaly when I know I need the extra zoom or don't mind carrying it along.
    The GR1 gets used only when I want to shoot film but film is just too much hassle and the extra quality is not worth it for me. Still, it's a great camera but stays at home most of the time.
    The Yashica never gets used since I do not really like manual focusing with a rangefinder and it uses film again and I simply don't like film.
    The LC1 comes along mostly on weekends or when I know I will be out taking pictures and would like a different camera besides the GRDs. A amazing camera but too big and bulky and the AF is too slow for street photography.
    So on most days I have at least one GRD with me, on some days both GRDs and on weekends the GRD(s) and the LC1.
    As for which GRD, this is more difficult and depends on the mood I am in and what kind of pictures I want to take. At the moment I enjoy the GRD I more so am using it on most days and only carry the 21mm lens with it.

    I sure hope we will get some decent weather soon but as you said, it does not look too hopefull :(.

    ReplyDelete