Saturday 16 August 2008

DUDs

LC1, f2.4, 1/1000, ISO 100, RAW, 90mm

Been out for a walk around Greenwich park today and decided to try out the close-up lens for the LC1. It is nice but does not come close to the great macro capabilities of the Ricohs and the focus is more a hit and miss and very slow. I got a few quite nice pictures nonetheless. Yes, they are boring flower macros and this is why I won't post them here. Instead I post a picture of a typical British sport that I don't understand at all. England invented it and won all matches till other countries figured it out. Yes, I am taking about Cricket ;).
Cropped the picture to the 16:9 format since I composed the picture with this format in mind.

2 comments:

  1. Village cricket, the sound of leather on willow, sandwiches and cakes,
    Good depth of field for a close-up lens.
    We would still beat everybody at cricket if it was played on a bicycle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, the close up lens works quite well but is more hassle for the little gain that is not really worth using much. The Ricohs are still best for macro or closeup pictures.

    ReplyDelete