Tuesday 6 May 2008

Between the Darkness and the Light

GRD, f7.1, 1/640, ISO 200, JPG b&w

The weather was great today so I went out for lunch and after work to take some pictures. I've been writing a lot about the difference for b&w images between the GRD I and GRD II and while I took a few pictures with the GRD II, I simply prefer the GRD I output and this is why I chose this picture. When I saw the scene I saw it in b&w even before looking at the camera screen. I waited for quite some time before I took the shot because I did not just want the setting but also the people to be in the right place. This picture is exactly the way I wanted it to be, everyone and everything is in the right place.

4 comments:

  1. I am going to have to stop visiting you guys...Wouter has me wanting a GX100 and you have me wanting a GRD... ;-)

    Cool shot.

    Erik.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment.
    Hehe, better stop before it's too late :)
    But I know what you mean, looking at your and Wouter's blogs also has me wanting the GX100 and LX2. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lovely play of light and shadows is something that fascinates me. Great photo Cristi. Well Erik and Crist, I guess I have the most beloved camera of all :D LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Wouter. The play with light and shadows is what drew me in to take this picture and wait till everyone was in the right position.

    The GX100 is certainly a great camera and I've been debating whether to get it since it came out. With the prices being very attractive right now it is tempting but I will wait to see what happens at Photokina in a few months time.

    ReplyDelete