Sunday 30 March 2008

Rain

GRD, f4.5, 1/400, ISO 100, RAW, 40mm

Arrived today in Himeji to see the castle but it was not as great a day as expected. First as you can see on the picture it was raining all day and second the hotel booked through Hotelclub was closed for over a year. The good news is that getting a new hotel to stay the night was not that hard and the castle is even in rainy weather simply amazing. I'd recommend everyone to see it if the chance exists.
The shot was taken through the cool seethrough umbrella I got and represents my view for most of the day ;). I know, I tell how great the castle is but don't post a proper picture. Well, I do not think the castle looks all that amazing on the pictures and they also don't convey the grandeur of it very well. Aside from that I just wanted to try something new :).

3 comments:

  1. wow... how did you do that? i can see the rain drops..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaa... i didnt see the full siz photo, its the umbrella... great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I took it indeed through the umbrella. I really like the transparent Japanese umbrellas. Allows you to see much more and it does not look quite so dark and depressing when it's raining. Also you need it to see what is on the different floors in most buildings.

    ReplyDelete