Thursday 13 March 2008

Why Macro?!? - The Return

GRD, f2.4, 1/5, ISO 100, RAW, 40mm

Ok, I know what most of you will think now. Why is it yet another macro and very uneventful picture? Well, there are 2 reasons for that. First I messed up a really good streetshot today because I was in a rush and did not frame it properly, second because I am working on a report about the Samsung Q1 Ultra I am using and needed to take some pictures for it anyway. The report will be ready after the weekend I hope and I will post the link where you can find it. So this is kinda the Teaser for it :).
The screen on the Q1U is much better than it looks here but with the protective and touch sensitive filter in front it is not easy to take a good picture from this angle since you always have the reflection in there. The reflection is not a problem when working with it however and even outside in bright light it is quite usable. Now if you ask why did I not take the picture from an angle where you don't have a problem with the reflection, this is because I wanted it to look more interesting ;).
This might not be a great image but I learned a lot while trying to take it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice image but lets see some more street shots.Thanks for the link on your site,i will do the same when i find how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Martyn, there will be more street shots coming soon but on my blog I will vary the themes a bit. Still, I keep taking street shots almost every day.

    But in the mean time have a look hare for some of my best street shots: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cristiansorega/sets/72157603935447679/

    I do not have the pictures from my blog there, my blog pics are exclusive for my blog ;).

    ReplyDelete