Saturday 29 March 2008

A Thousand Paper Cranes

GRD II, f4.5, 1/400, ISO 80, RAW

"An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane."

Yes, I start again with a qoute, this time from Wikipedia, but I don't have that much time to write a lot in my entry for today. I really like the title and have heard of this legend a few times in the past. Also I think the picture came out very well with the GRD II.

Finally managed to catch up with updating my blog. Tomorrow's off to Himeji and then Kyoto so not sure how it will look there with wifi connections.

4 comments:

  1. GRd or GRII ? excuse if I havent used the correct names... i am not that aware of the ricoh family. But I enjoyed reading the updated blog and the pictures that come with it! Happy travelling, Cristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. For how long will you stay in Japan? Ricoh will have their third Photo Contest Exhibit for four days from Thursday, April 3 to Sunday, April 6, 2008 at the Ginza Yokyo Hall in Tokyo. My submission made it to the last 34 and will be exhibited too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ronald, thanks for your comment. This was with the GRD II. No worries, the Ricoh family of cameras is not that big so I will work it out :).

    Congratulations Wouter!!! Mine did not make it but the exhibition in Ginza on Saturday is planned already although I won't have much time. I'll take pictures and send you a report.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks Cristi. I would love to have a photograph from the exhibition with my photograph. It is a B&W photo with an estate (see my blog) 'Estate Kernhem'. The name will probably be mentioned as:
    Brandsma, W.R.T.

    Have a good stay in Japan and love to see your report ;-)

    ReplyDelete