Thursday 27 March 2008

The Kid

GRD, f3.5, 1/160, ISO 400, JPG b&w, 40mm

Went to Kamakura today to visit all the great temples and shrines there. The place is really worth a visit and while the Daibutsu (Great Budha) is the main attraction I think there Is a lot more to see. Although this was my 2nd time there I still haven't managed to see even half of the temples there.

This picture is from the incense burner in front of the Daibutsu and this kid had his head in there blowing on the incense. Took it with the GRD I and 40mm lens but was lucky that he was busy there for a while since I had to wait 13 sec. for the GRD to finish writing the previous picture. As soon as I had the shot I knew this is my picture for the day.

Updated the firmware of the GRD II and I have to say the Ricoh engineers are great, to implement an option to turn off the power LED is genius. Means I don't have to use a black marker or tape for it :). Now they only need to release one to fix the jpg smoothing and change the camera to shutter priority and I'm completely happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment