Friday 29 February 2008

No. 1 London Bridge

GRD, f2.4, 1/40, ISO 400, RAW

This is another shot of a building in London but I think it's good to post some more pictures like this or street photos from London. Like this more people living in other places can experience London and London life. Don't worry, I won't start posting only pictures of buildings from now on but will try to get a few here and there.
Took this picture as I liked the light and especially the "Ricoh blue" that you sometimes get when using Auto WB and longer exposures. It looks a bit surreal but definitely nicer than the grey sky we had today. Could've fixed the WB to have it look more "real" but this just looks better and the colors are nicer.

4 comments:

  1. Dear, Cristi

    I love your journal very much, and visit your site quite often recently. Thanks lot for your great info about GRD.I just bought GRD2 last month, and I'm thinking about adding more accessories to my GRD2. I have 2 questions for your advice:

    1) Is it worth to buy GT-1 for portrait? Is it significantly better than using 28mm.?
    2) Have you ever used GW-1 or GT-1 for taking macro shot?

    Best wish,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for your comment, very glad you like the page and find it usefull.

    Find below the answers.

    1) I think the GT-1 is a fantastic lensd as long as you watch out for the flare. For portraits it is very good and used wide open will give you even shallow DOF. If you think of taking portraits I can only recommend this lens.

    2) I have used both and especially the GT-1 is very good and lets you stay a bit further away. Both lenses are great however and the minimum focus distance of 1cm remains.

    Hope this helps, if you have more questions let me know.

    Best,

    Cristian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Cristi

    Thousand thanks for your advice. I usually take portrait photo for my family and friends. One reason that I brought GRD2 is because I want superior compact lens in small camera. Even though GRD2 is prime lens, I found that it is very challenge me to produce nice photo. Maybe, GT-1 will fit with my style. Last but not least, do you have examples of your portrait photo with GT-1, or any compared portraits between 28mm. and 40mm.

    Waiting to hear and read your next journal. ^ ^

    Best wish,

    Bhuminan, P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    You're most welcome.
    I have portraits taken with the 40mm lens here http://www.getdropbox.com/gallery/289725/1/Portrait?h=881c49

    When I'm back from HK I can provide better samples if needed.

    Best,

    Cristian

    ReplyDelete